This site is devoted to demonstrating the values of the Human Rights Act for broad swaths of ordinary UK people.
We provide information about:
1. Our public events that aimed to demonstrate the great value of the Act for vulnerable people and ordinary families in the UK;
2. The Rights agreed in the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR); and their availability in UK courts through the Human Rights Act (1998) (HRA); the EXCEPTIONS to the Rights.
3. We also provide Right by Right accounts based on benchmark cases that illustrate the progress UK human rights have made since the Act came into force in 2000: Illustrative cases.
4. Information about the Bill of Rights Commission including our responses to its public consultations; and about the Conservative government’s plans to scrap the HR Act and replace it with a British Bill of Rights, the quality of which is completely unknown.
5. Finally we provide a set of links to the European Convention; the HR Act; and related sites that promote understanding of the Act far beyond our site.
Webmaster: Hilary Gray via links from this site